Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Nothin' Beats Home-baked Bread

I am a baker's daughter, but apparently MO is the baker in our house. Last weekend I came home from a long day working and to my surprise MO had baked a big beautiful loaf of bread! He used the Olive Oil Bread recipe from Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook and the result was a flavorful, rich, moist bread that we've been enjoying all week. Actually, I finally had to freeze some because the loaf was so big. I think when we (he) make it again maybe we'll try making little rolls - this recipe would make killer dinner rolls. So, the bread was delicious and I may have to share the kitchen more often!

2 comments:

AJM said...

Aww, MO. What a nice dark crust. I am obsessed with baking bread lately. I am going to fight with Mur for that internship with your dad this year:)

chaiselongue said...

There's nothing like your own home-baked bread ... except maybe bread from our baker around the corner from our house. Living in France has made us lazy about making our own bread!