Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Give me (balti)MORE crab cakes!


MO and I were recently in Baltimore visiting friends and had some amazing crab cakes. We sampled crab cakes at three different restaurants and they were all much much better than anything we can get here in California. Strange but true. Well, I guess it's nice to know that there are still regional specialties that haven't been McDonald-ized. The Chesapeake-style broiled crab cakes full of big chunks of crab meat (no breadcrumbs!) are one of my favorite foods. I guess I will just have to wait until our next trip back East. Or make some myself...(stay tuned)

2 comments:

AJM said...

Sigh. You're making me miss home. Maryland crabcakes are without a doubt, one of the best foods ever.

Sarah said...

yes. yes, they are. matt ate 3 crab cake meals in the 2 days we were in baltimore!