Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Magazine Clippings: Curried Rice with Shrimp

This is one of the many many recipes I had torn out of magazines over the past 6 months, but this one I actually made...and loved! It's easy and quick, but beautiful and is a perfect one-pot meal. It has a mild warm curry flavor - not overwhelming - and a beautiful color.

I pretty much followed the recipe exactly except I added about a half a cup of frozen peas (I love peas and rice!) at the end of the rice simmering, before I added the shrimp. Also, I never have basil on hand this time of year, so I have used both parsley and cilantro in its place (both were great). I'm looking forward to experimenting with some different vegetables.

I originally found the recipe in the magazine Real Simple and you can find the recipe on their website.

No comments: