Saturday, May 23, 2009

Thai Night

Pineapples were on sale 2-for-1 at Whole Foods last week and I couldn't resist their sweet tropical smell. Then I got home and I had 2 pineapples. The first one was easy to get rid of - I made a lovely fruit salad with mangoes and garden strawberries. With the second one I decided to get a little creative. I found an easy enough sounding recipe online and attempted my first Thai Pineapple Fried Rice. Cousin C came home and offered to make Tom Yum soup from scratch (I was impressed!) and before we knew it we had a Thai dinner fit for a king.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Looks great. Pineapples are so tasty and also so good looking, I love how you used it as a serving platter too

Unknown said...

Check out this pineapple pickle recipe-
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/mighty-appetite/2007/08/pineapple_twist_of_fate.html

Between this and pineapple fried rice, I am SO ready for the next pineapple grocery store sale:)