Sunday, May 10, 2009

Strawberries

For as long as I can remember, I've loved everything about strawberries - their taste, their smell, their color. The first book I could read front to back was a tale of Strawberry Shortcake and her sidekicks Apricot and Hopsalot. To this day I can't think of a better dessert than flaky biscuits with fresh strawberries and real whipped cream.

As usual when I went to the farmers market last week I bought too many strawberries (they were such a good deal!), so I had to come up with some other uses. Here's what I came up with.

Buttermilk Pancakes with Fresh Strawberries:












Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler:

4 comments:

AJM said...

I love strawberries. LOOOOVE. Can eat pounds and pounds. They don't really grow in AZ because the spring is so short (2 days). So I am jealous. But it is stone fruit season here already, so I have that to console me.

Sara said...

Yum! Those both look great. I am thinking about making some strawberry bread this weekend, sweet juicy strawberries are heavenly.

Nadia and Aaron said...

Strawberries are my absolute favorite! Let me know if you know of a good recipe for strawberry shortcake...

Danielle Goodstein said...

Strawberry sisters forever (especially if you ship me some of that cobbler!!)