Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I "HEART" the Farmers Market

Those of you who know me know that my love of food is rivaled only by my love of Farmers Markets. It all started in Ithaca (see the photo at left of me and Sis selling Fat Boy Bakery goodies at the Ithaca Farmers Market!) but I must say that the Marin County Farmers Market is quite wonderful. MO and I go almost every weekend to stock up on wonderful produce and other goodies.

Some of our current favorite items (besides whatever produce is at its peak) are:

green chile corn tortillas
Mi Abuelita makes these really tasty corn tortillas with the best texture. Excellent for homemade fish tacos.

honey yogurt
According to their label, Saint Benoit yogurt is "Artisinal, French-style yogut, made in small batches in Bodega, CA". According to me: delicious and rich - I especially love the honey variety(not sure if its the "Frenchness" or the adorable ceramic crock I like more)

old world portugese cheese
Located in Petaluma, Spring Hill Cheese Company makes a huge variety of delicious cheeses (and let's you taste as many as you want!), including our favorite, which is salty, delicious, and hard but creamy. Yum.

PS: I've also started volunteering with the Marin Farmers Market. Oh, yeah, and we're getting married at the farmers market pavilion in Ithaca. See, I really do love Farmers Markets.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah - you're going to have a beautiful wedding at the FM - it will be second only to how beautiful you and Matt look. Big hugs and big kisses - and lots of French honey yogurt for you! xox Ang