Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Happy Summer!


So, I know I've been a bad blogger lately, but that's because summer is here and I've been busy! One of my favorite summertime past times is grilling. Now, I have to get a little creative because I don't do meat, but I've re-discovered an old family favorite that makes everything on the grill taste better (especially grilled shrimp): OLD BAY!

Grilled Shrimp with Old Bay
Peel fresh or thawed uncooked shrimp and marinate in a vinaigrette or blend of oil and a little vinegar. Add a liberal amount of Old Bay seasoning and fresh chopped parsley. Let marinate (in the refrigerator) to allow flavors to blend for as much time as you have. Skewer and grill on a hot grill for 3-5 minutes on each side. Depending on the size of the shrimp, it may take a little less or little more time. This is key: DO NOT OVERCOOK SHRIMP. They will become rubbery and icky.

This is delicious served with grilled veggies or even better, grilled pineapple!

1 comment:

AJM said...

In my ancestral home of Maryland, we eat a lot of Old Bay so I can attest that it is also excellent on corn on the cob, fried chicken, potatoes, bloody marys, eggs, fries, potato chips, and though it goes without saying, ALL seafood. I prefer steamed shrimp with Old Bay to grilled, mostly because you get more Old Bay on your fingers as you peel the shrimp.