Friday, June 5, 2009

DIY Noodles

Last weekend MO and I made our (now) annual trip to the Maker Faire. The event is an amazing one-of-a-kind gathering of "DIY Makers, Progressive Techies, Old-Fashioned and Indie Crafters, Mad Scientists, Quirky Musicians and Myriad Innovators" (according to their website).

I could talk about Maker Faire for hours, but basically we love it because it's a great combination of computers/ electronics/ circuit-stuff (MO's world), handmade and recycled arts and crafts/sewing (my world), and local music/homegrown local food/all of the Bay Area's "colorful" people...

And yes, there is a food connection here: I was so excited to stumble upon this demonstration of traditional Chinese handmade noodle-making (see photos below). I'd seen it on TV before, but I was thrilled to see (in person) someone tossing and slapping dough into noodles - it's like magic! Unfortunately, we couldn't sample them, but I am sure they would've been delicious.

No comments: