Thursday, August 26, 2010

Glorious garden


Upon returning from a week away, MO and I were greeted with about 10 pounds of gorgeous garden tomatoes! In my opinion there is nothing more delicious than a fresh-picked garden tomato...

We also had 2 obscenely large zucchinis, about 10 cucumbers, 4 eggplants, and lots of green and purple string beans. So, needless to say, we've been eating a lot of veggies this week. We've made:
  • the beautiful caprese salad pictured above

  • fresh salsa with tomatoes, jalapeno, and cilantro from the garden

  • Spicy Summer Pasta Sauce (with fresh garden tomatoes instead of canned)

  • a Thai-style eggplant and tofu stir-fry

  • Zucchini-Walnut Muffins (I'm still perfecting the recipe, but will post it soon)

  • Dill Refrigerator Pickle Spears
I still have zucchini and eggplant to use up, so I'd better get cooking!

No comments: